Thursday, March 22, 2012

First couple of days!

Hello from Belize! I made it!  It has been an interesting experience so far.  My first flight was a tiny Skywest-United Express.  It was a small plane with maybe 40 people!  I didn't think I would sleep on the plane, but with the flying white noise I passed out!  Houston was a HUGE airport.  Then I flew from Belize City to San Pedro on a very small plane! Like 10-15 people I think!  It was awesome though because I could see the ocean and smaller islands.  I can't get my camera software to download right now, so the pictures will be up later.  I just started taking pictures today though! I'm trying not to over do it with the pictures.

It is so interesting and different here.  I honestly feel like I could live without my cell phone and the internet now if I had my family here.  The atmosphere is so different and its easy to just to relax.  You get the chance to meet so many interesting people as well.  We haven't ventured to the schools yet, but we will tomorrow.  I'm excited about being in the schools.  So far this place kind of reminds me of the Bahamas because when Jonathan and I went, we went walking around the town.

We went to the beach today.  I loved it.  Its so nice and clear.  And relaxing.  It was a little rough, but not rough like in Wilmington.  The waves break really far off shore because there is a coral reef, so the water is just wavy and calm.  We had lunch at a "fast food" place. Fast food in Belize is close to food just being cooked on the streets though.  I don't eat a lot in the heat, but I tried fresh homemade watermelon juice.  It was amazing.  Its so nice to get juice that isn't loaded with sugar and other flavors.  It literally tasted just like a watermelon.  We are off to the chicken drop tonight...there is a youtube video if you look want to look it up or you don't know what it is! ;)

Talk to everyone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment