Saturday, March 31, 2012

What were you unprepared to handle?

I was unprepared to handle how the students all wanted to talk to me at the same time.  I am the type of person that cannot handle 3 people talking to me at once because I can’t focus on what people are saying.  I have handle this party by just toughing it out…it seems to be getting a little better now with time and I can normally follow what 2 or 3 students are saying at one time.  Another way I have handled this is telling the students to hold on and by calling on them one at a time to hear what they have to say.  Moreover, there have also been times when I asked students to raise their hands and I will call on time.  I also have tried to make sure that I talk to every student individually at some point in time.  This has helped but there are still times, like when I first get to school, that all the students are very excited and all of the students want to talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment